I made this awhile ago but just haven´t got round to blogging about it until now. Unfortunately, I only have the one photo as we were starving and it was all we could do not to gobble it up, then and there! This is a recipe adapted from quite an old book, which I found in the library, called Miss Read´s Country Cooking and I think it´s a British recipe.
Ingredients: (to serve 2)
1/2 lb (around 230g) pork fillet/tenderloin,cubed
1/2 green pepper, chopped into thick squares
about 2-4 canned peach halves, quartered
1/8 pt peach juice (from canned peaches)
4-6 button mushrooms
1/8 pt water
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
4 wooden skewers
1.Soak skewers in water to prevent them from burning. Chop all ingredients.
2. Blanch mushrooms and pepper in boiling water for about 5 mins.
3. Thread pork, peach halves, pepper and mushrooms onto skewers. Brush with olive oil and place in oven under the grill for about 20-30 mins. During this time baste with oil frequently and turn kebabs to cook them evenly.
4.Heat peach juice, water, lemon juice & soy sauce.
5. Mix cornflour with a little water and peach juice to make paste.
6. Pour peach & soy sauce mixture into paste and mix, then return it to the pan and cook for 5 mins, stirring continuously till sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve kebabs with rice or potatoes and vegetables and drizzle peach sauce on top of the kebabs.