2/05/2013

(Exceedingly good)Cherry Bakewell Tarts (just like Mr Kipling´s!)




Cherry Bakewell Tarts have always been one of my favourite childhood treats....we always used to buy Mr Kipling´s although my Gran made a mean Almond Slice,which was just as good. In fact, there is hardly any difference  between Almond Slices and Cherry Bakewell Tarts, only that one has icing and a glace cherry on the top and the other has flaked almonds. Ever since I made the Almond Slices, I´ve been dying to have a go at Cherry Bakewell Tarts and recapture my memories of lost childhood tastes.

I used the recipe from the blog The Caked Crusader (click on link for recipe) and would definitely reccommend it. As I have limited baking time (I made these while my daughter was sleeping!) I took a shortcut and bought frozen shortcrust pastry and although still delicious,I think these tarts would be even more exquisite with homemade pastry. I also used raspberry jam instead of strawberry and I think you could probably use any jam you fancy or have in your cupboards/fridge...I´d particularly like to use cherry jam to make them taste even more of cherry.I didn´t blind bake the pastry, only pricked it with a fork and there were no soggy bottoms!!! One thing I advise you is not to overfill the pastry case with jam as when they are baking, it causes it to just ooze out which as you can see has happened to one of my tarts in the photo in the top left hand corner (but at least you can more or less hide this with the glace icing!!!)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I´m glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's only me...:) Which mould did you use for the tarts? The same mould you're using for cupcakes and muffins?

    (and I can't see the recipe...is it the link to the Caked Crusader?).

    Can't wait to make them! They're at the beginning of my baking list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot...
    Yes, I agree with the title, they're exceedingly good, I've tried them and wish I had a bucket of them!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please feel free to leave your comments-would love to have any feedback-thanks!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails