11/26/2008

Carrot & Coriander Soup (Nov 20th)


I had some coriander left over from a curry and as I've always wanted to make carrot and coriander soup (and TRY it!) that's what I did! So, here's my first recipe...it's based on one of the recipes on the BBC Food website but adapted for 2 people and I added my own little twist...... mainly as I also wanted to use up the half of lime. Unfortunately, my boyfriend didn't enjoy it as said he doesn't like the taste of coriander but I thought it was pretty damn tasty even if I do say so myself, so don't let that put you off!


Carrot & Coriander Soup (Serves 2)
Ingredients:
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
5 big carrots, peeled and sliced (sorry I don't know the exact weight...am really missing my scales!)
2/3 oz (55g) fresh coriander, chopped
1/2 lime, juice only
400ml (14 oz) hot chicken stock (vegetarians can use vegetable stock)
100ml (3 0z) cream
salt and black pepper

Method:
Fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil when oil is hot, until onions and garlic are softened(2-3mins).
Add the carrots and coriander and lime juice and cook for five minutes.
Add the stock and simmer for five minutes.
Add salt and pepper to season, then blend in a blender or with a hand blender till smooth.
Add the cream and reheat but do not boil.

Easy peasy! Serve with slice of crusty bread and enjoy a perfect winter meal, great for warming you up on those cold nights!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please feel free to leave your comments-would love to have any feedback-thanks!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails