This is a post without any photos as it was an experimental dish that I just kind of threw together. I didn´t bother taking any photos as I wasn´t sure how it was going to turn out. I fancied some pasta and was thinking of a vegetarian tomato sauce style pasta dish, but I had some salami which needed using so I thought why not chuck it in as well. It actually turned out to be a really tasty dish. Here´s more or less what I did but as I just eyeballed everything and kind of chucked it all in, I´m not too sure about the measurements. I´d bought a packet of sun-dried tomatoes the day before and was dying to use them so I thought I´d add a few of them too! A quick, easy and tasty meal!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
around 250g penne pasta (I just guessed the right amount for 2)
1/2 red onion,finely sliced
about 1/3 cup white wine
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (I used all that had been left over from another day)
3-4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
leftover salami, around 20-30g? (preferably containing fennel) (finely chopped)
1tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Place pasta in pan of salted,boiling water and cook until al dente.
2. Fry onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
3. Add sun-dried tomatoes and salami and cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Add wine, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste and cook for a further 3-5 mins.
5. Serve the tomato sauce on top of the pasta with garlic bread and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.